References

San Luis Potosi, Mexico

 

The water reuse technologies used enables the city of San Luis Potosi to conserve its water resources while meeting the industrial and agricultural needs of a dryland area where groundwater quality has seriously deteriorated.


The facility is designed to channel 57 percent of the water after primary treatment to a lagoon before distributing it to farmers. The remaining 43 percent goes through secondary and tertiary treatment, making it fit for use as coolant fluid in the neighbouring thermal power station at Villa de Reyes. The project also comprises of 24 km of inlet sewage pipes, 39 km of treated water pipes to the power station, irrigation system including 16.5 km of pipes.

 

Potosi1.jpg  Potosi2.jpg

 

Reuse of water to save water resources

Construction of recycled water plant, 19 km of sewage pipes, 39 km of treated water pipes to the power station, one treated storage tank of 5,000 m3, irrigation system including 16.5 km of conduction pipes. The treated water is used to save drinking water resources for the population of an area where water supply is very limited. The consumption of treated water by the power station is one the largest in Mexico.

 

 

For more information

 

Degremont SA

 
AV. Paseo de la Reforma N°350
Torre del Angel
Piso 15 -Col. Juarez 
Mexico DF 6600

 

Tel : + 52 55 50 80 35 00
Fax :+ 52 55 52 07 73 26